Let me take a look at you now
[html]

I love this thread :] It is seeming to bring out the best in my little Gideon. –squishes him- wc: 717

He wished that he had some kind of medicine that he could give her that would take away her pain. Gideon would make a good healer someday if he did choose to go down that path; he was quiet, compassionate, and thought quickly under pressure. He was always looking for ways to help others if he could, and though he could be a bit introverted and shy at first he really did enjoy speaking to other wolves and hearing stories about their lives and pasts. He wanted to feel useful in the pack, more than just being a border scout or hunter. Perhaps medicine was the way to go.

He had never considered such a thing before, learning how to heal wolves and fix their injuries. But the more he thought about it the more it seemed like something that he would enjoy…and that he could quite possibly find a passion for. ”We have my pups, back in Dahlia. Their names are Melee and Range. And then my aunt just had a pup that she named Eclipse; Eclipse is the youngest in our pack, just a month or so old.” He explained. He didn’t take her “kid” comment too much to heart; Tala seemed to be an easygoing wolf, and she hadn’t annoyed him or upset him. He showed this by offering her a wide grin in return.

He hummed to himself a little as he walked, then opened his muzzle to speak. ”What was your life like before you joined this pack?” He hadn’t been born in Dahlia de Mai, but had been there all his life. It was and would hopefully forever be his home. Gideon didn’t think that it took them too long to reach the lakes, his feet now used to travel, and he stopped alongside the lake when she did. ”No need for thanks; I’m sure you would have done the same for me if I’d been the one to fall” He said.

The dark male slid his small pack off and began to look through the pockets, searching for the fishing line and hook. It was a simple contraption that did him well for fishing during winter; he could crack a hole in the ice and leave just the line dangling; fish often seemed unafraid to come up to the surface of the ice, where they could not see the form of the black male as easily as they could through melted water, and they took his bait with more ease. Was it harder for fish to find food for themselves in the winter? He wasn’t sure.

He found his gear and put a piece of dried meat on the hook, then dipped it down into the water. This portion of the lake had a few rocks along the edge, and it appeared as if other animals or wolves had made small drinking-holes in the ice already around these rocks. One larger hole extended out toward the middle of the lake, a large crack that had formed during one of the warmer days; this was the one that he picked. He watched Tala out of the corner of his eye, observing her as he wiggled the line a little, stretching his arm out and allowing the hook to travel farther away into deeper water.

He let the hook travel down to the bottom of the lake, then sat back to wait. It wasn’t long before he felt a light tug on the line and he gave it a harsh yank, pulling the caught fish up into the air and over his head behind him. It was what he usually did, the method he used almost every time; once he felt a tug he would yank the fish as hard as he could out of the water to try and surprise it. It was a carp, not his favorite type of fish to eat but a meal nonetheless. He looked to Tala triumphantly before turning behind himself to grab the flopping animal, removing the hook. ”Do you want to try? I have extra line, too…if you like it, when we go back to your cabin I can make you your own. It’s nothing fancy..but it gets the job done” The male looked at her eagerly, holding up the fish and the hook.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread