Running thoughts
[html]

SSWM: 353

Crimson eyes watched as Liliana recognized her own features carved into the grainy surface of the wood and Nayru smiled back at her friend. Liliana seemed as proud of the carvings as she had been about the assortments of plants Nayru tended to and this pleased Nayru, although she knew that both were not really much of anything. Side projects. Hobbies. They weren't her specialty. There didn't really mean anything or do anything for anyone. And no one aside from Nayru really knew they were here at all. Some others knew of her plants, but she had shown no one else her crude carvings. There had never really been any reason for it. Perhaps one day she would show Gideon, he might have liked to see then, but it was so rare the two of them found free time together anymore.

“It takes a bit of practice. I've gotten better as I've worked on them more and I've hidden some mistakes I made.” Nayru's finger trailed over the carving of Gideon's face, which had been the first and hardest to do. There had been a lot of blunders and mishaps in creating it, and very nearly one she lost her grip on the dagger and nearly sliced her hand. Yet now at first glance it seemed a skilled hand had gone to work at the craft, so careful and meticulous Nayru had been in righting her wrongs. "These aren't perfect though. They never can be." Nayru sighed, almost unhappily, knowing that nothing could ever reach true perfection no matter how hard Nayru strived for it.

Standing up she brushed off the back of her legs, the long fur there collecting dirt from the greenhouse floor whenever she crouched upon it. The whole floor was strewn with dirt and broken bits of pots and large stones and the idea to clean it all never once occurred to Nayru. “Well, this is it. There's very little else to my home.” And she smiled, because it was enough for her. So simple and primitive and yet it was suited Nayru perfectly. "Shall we head back then?"

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread