Changing times
[html]

No it isn't! SoSuWriMo 297

Savina took the hat from her son and gave it a quick inspection. It wouldn't be hard to fix at all, just a couple of small holes would do the trick. A hat was not something she had ever taken much of an interest in for herself and she couldn't say why, but she was very glad that Denali was excited about it. "You're welcome Denali," she said warmly, smiling. It was probably very good that he was excited about all the clothes she had brought back for him. Savina had thought that her pelt was thin when she had spent her first winter here in Nova Scotia, but her adopted son's fur was even thinner than her's had ever been. It seemed such an oddity to her and the last thing she wanted was to him to get sick because he was constantly so cold.

Denali pulled her aside and when he revealed what lay on the piece of paper the woman's face lit up and her tail began to wag. None of her children had really taken after artistic pursuits, so being presented with a work of art, no matter how simplistic it may have been, was wonderful to her. "That's so sweet of you Denali! I love it! I'll have to put it up some place where I can always see it!" It didn't matter that it wasn't bright and colorful or skillful, it had been made by her dear little boy and she would treasure it always. It would remind her of when he had been so small, before he had shifted and taken such a large step towards being an adult. It would provide a small window back to his younger days, and that was something a mother always wanted to have.

<style type="text/css">
.savistatue b {font-weight:bold; color:#012153; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #010F39; }
.savistatue-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.savistatue p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.savistatue {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#005B8F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... statue.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000413; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#003967; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread