snowshoes and snowballs
[html]

The soft billowing sound of snow surging out and under the hooves of the golden stallion was so quiet it couldn’t be heard in young ears. There was hardly a breeze at all which was encouraged, since this would only harden the cold even more. Even though the sun was shining, the air was crisp, colorless and pale. Ever observed the area with a swift, disinterested glance.

Her eyes once again settled as softly as falling snow upon the puppies. From her high altitude, everything looked a little brighter, happier, it swelled with the same hope she saw from seeing the young wolves. She moved her gaze to Vigilante, eager to see if he approved in what he saw of her. Unknown to why she was so eager to please, Ever let her detail-craving eyes soak in his every action. At first it was a calm expecting expression which moved to delight muddled with slight curiosity. It was all in less than a second, the girl had peeled off the blurry gloss to reveal what was unintended for most to see. Often, it disturbed her to realize how vulnerable everyone was.

As soon as Saphraine had cleared most of the snow laden bushes, Ever let her mouth gradually ease into a smile to compliment her Father’s. She dismounted as soon as she was a safe distance and trudged her way over to the house, her usual grace swallowed up by the snow amount.

Morning, Vigilante. I just came by since my visit is long overdue.

She directed a yearning, apologetic expression at him before continuing.

I see now, that I have missed far to much.

Ever added with an accepting glance at the pups. She gave them a quick look over before murmuring in her Father’s dark furred ear,

Oh, they are gorgeous.

The warmth in her voice reflected in her eyes as she watched the young wolves play together. They were every bit like Vigilante and Ayita. Perfect. The word sent an icy finger down her spine. She concentrated on the familiar rustling of her golden stallion pushing aside frost in search for frozen bits of grass.

<style>
.melissabutterfly-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.melissabutterfly p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.melissabutterfly b {color:#1f253b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.melissabutterfly {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#474759; background-image:url(http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8900/souls63.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: 'cambria', cambria, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b899f; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread