Your Little Knight
[html]

300+
replies will be a bit shorter for ya since I'm done trying for SoSu xD

Savina looked worse than he thought. Clearly she was having a hard time dealing with it all, with Artemis, with Denali, and then with herself. She probably blamed herself for not being able to give both of them the attention they needed, but Artemis needed it so much more now, even if Denali had run off and was now unattended. He would be fine. Surely, someone would find him soon or he would come home hungry and apologetic. His adopted family loved him, but he was convinced they would not now. If only the younger boy could see how much worry there was in his adopted mother's eyes for him, and how she was dying inside with worry.

Silvano put the book on his legs, perched like a table, as he untied the cheesecloth and revealed the vibrant pink meat. There were plenty of smaller pieces, most of it devoid of bones too. He left the ribs on, wondering if his mother would like to eat them with the bones, since they were half crunchy cartilage anyway. It was fresh, and it looked good. Savina had to be hungry; her growling stomach was evident of that. Was she starving herself? He choked back tears at the thought his mother was slowly killing herself, hoping for something to change. "Mamma," began the boy, placing the unwrapped meal in his mother's lap, thinking she would not take it for herself. "Devi mangiare." He knew she probably would not. "You have to be strong for Artie. For Denali. For the rest of us. You gotta eat something..," he implored her, not wanting his mother, the Dreamer's leader, to waste away in the darkness. "You gotta be strong, Mamma. You gotta eat. Please. Artie.. Artie would not be happy to know you're not eating."

It was up to her in the end, and he was so sure she would set it aside, give a weak smile, and then tell him she would eat it later, so as not to eat in front of him, but it would go uneaten. He had to find a way to feed her, somehow. He sighed, knowing it was no longer in his hands if his mother would accept the meat and eat it. He tapped the book in his lap, staring it rather than Savina or Artemis. "Per Artemis. I thought.. I thought she'd like it if I read something to her while she slept. She.. she's our adventurer. But.. I don't know if she read this. Sapete se ha fatto?" he asked, hands gripping the book tightly as he shifted his green eyes up to his mother slightly lighter ones.

<style type="text/css">
.silvknight b {font-weight:bold; color:#411C05; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.silvknight-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; text-shadow: none;}
.silvknight p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.silvknight {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#A99178; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... knight.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1E0E06; padding: 10px 0px 275px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E6D3B0; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #332214; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread