teetering [private]
[html]

The stranger said that she was born elsewhere, and Tommy pricked her ears in interest. She had heard that there were lands overseas, but she didn’t know much about them. Her father had mentioned wolves that spoke countless languages and knew how to sail, but she had yet to meet one before. Her pale eyes widened a fraction, but her surprise did not show other than that. She quickened her pace so that her shoulder was about level with the hip of the other luperci; again, she kept a polite distance so that she wouldn’t been encroaching on the adult’s personal space.

The reddish wolfdog nodded and chewed on this information for a while. The other’s short coat must have meant that where she came from had a warmer climate, and coming from the south herself, Tommy had been startled by the low temperatures. She was hardy, though, and stubborn when it came to her own survival. She didn’t complain; not that there was anyone to complain to in her solitary lifestyle. She looked off at the rest of the beach and then continued. It wasn’t her way to instigate all of the conversation, but she was curious and needed information.

“Has it been very difficult to adapt?” Tommy asked. “I know that there are several packs around these parts, and some of the packs I have come across in my travels are rather hostile to loners.” She fell silent once more, unsure of how to word her questions to get the most out of the answers. The other seemed to be saying as little as possible, yet the fact that she showed no irritation was encouragement enough to the lean teenager. It seemed that blunt questions would be needed.

“What do you know about the packs and territories here?”

<style type="text/css">
.tsantil-a2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f492b;}
.tsantil-a2 i {font-weight:italic; color:#8f492b;}
.tsantil-a2 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.tsantil-a2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.tsantil-a2 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#7ab61f; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/kd4m7p.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 600px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#c8e59d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread