Standing on the Edge
[html]

Length doesn't matter to me. ^^

Tommy wasn’t the best at speaking with others or offering introductions, and while she did not actively think it, she was grateful for the patience of the other female. Sometimes wolves were put off by her almost aloof nature, but there were those who waited to see that she wasn’t unsocial; she simply wasn’t used to being social. The sound of the other’s voice put her slightly at ease, and her tail swished once behind her.

The white wolf shook her head at the question, and the reddish female nodded though her expression was rather deadpan. She was suppressing her disappointment. She wouldn’t be finding any help now.

A slight smile graced the lips of the ink-stained loner then. She said that she was searching for something on the peninsula, too: a sister, something slightly more tangible than a new home. Thinking of her siblings and the ache in her heart for having to leave them, Tommy nodded in understanding and sympathy. If she hadn’t been set on a different path, she would be roving the country looking for her own sister.

“Yes,” Tommy said simply in response to the other girl’s question. She smiled a little and turned her golden eyes back on the rocky slopes. “I’m sorry I couldn’t be of better help to you, but at least we won’t have to worry about being alone for this stretch of the journey,” she pointed out. Company, especially on these sometimes treacherous slopes, would be good for safety and for morale. As introverted as she tended to be, she felt infinitely more comfortable with a companion. Both of them would be heading south as strangers to the land.

“What do you know about this land of ’Souls?” the wolfdog asked, beginning the journey by leaping down onto a small ledge below them. There was a thin sheet of ice, but with all four legs splayed for balance and the ample space on the outcropping, there was little danger of falling. It hadn’t been a particularly difficult journey uphill, but descending might have been an entirely different matter.

<style type="text/css">
.tsantil-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#412219;}
.tsantil-a02 i {font-weight:italic; color:#412219;}
.tsantil-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.tsantil-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.tsantil-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#fdfeff; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15oa4cw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 460px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#60392c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread