Tangerine trees & Marmalade skies
[html]

Sorry for the wait! <3 WC: 524

It seemed that he had taken her a bit off guard with his question, as a single eyebrow was quirked somewhat warily. But at his next words, she seemed to relax; she even laughed. The old man smirked a response as she detailed her drinking habits.

"I do just drink alone so very early. But today could be special too," she said coyly, that Lykoi seduction and charm simply seeping out of her pores.

With a grin and a fairly sheepish laugh for such an old man, he replied, his voice rough but not unkind. "Oh? I'm surprised you drink alone," he said, blatantly observing her beauty-- such attractive blood. Perhaps because she was female, and not his leader, it was easier for him to look past her genetics. He saw more coyote and dog in her, anyway; that handsome ebony and roan pelt could not be looked past.

He was not displeased with the turn the conversation had taken; originally his words had been intended for a more serious take on the girl's life. Kesho supposed, though, that now was not a time that required such formality and substance. As crusty as he might be, he could still appreciate a good moment or two spent simply chatting. In fact, it was probably something he should do more often. He felt some sort of lift in his moods that couldn't have been attributed to much else, and took it as a positive sign. After all, everyone needed a softer side, right? Well, not really, no... He though briefly of Hybrid, though that man had his own...other side.

Then, snapping him out of his thoughts, Talitha's voice rang out in a question responding to his own: "And what about you? Do you often drink so early?"

The man took the bottle from her, giving a small nod of thanks before taking a swig, large grin pushing it's way out at her question, challenging him to keep the liquid from spilling out. He quickly swallowed, the burn so very welcome, with a shake of his head. He certainly did not drink this early, nor very often. Several blackouts and incredibly violent streaks involving alcohol had kept him distanced from the drink for years. But that wasn't to say he wouldn't still sometimes indulge.

"No, no..." he said, humbly, glancing down at the bottle. "I don't actually drink much at all." With a brief glance to the horizon, the sun having risen above them, he turned to her. "I had some...issues with it when I was younger. I prefer to keep my drinking infrequent." Though he added, with a smile, "Let this be one of those occasions." The old Hastati tilted the bottle towards her, as if in cheers, then took another quick swig before passing it back.

He stared out at the treeline, watching as the creatures of the forest mingled amongst the foliage. Nothing interesting enough to hunt; he wasn't hungry anyways. For once he was quite content to have a day off; to mingle, to relax. He was relaxed.

"It's nice to do this, for once. To do... nothing." he laughed a bit, feeling slightly odd and childish, though he didn't really care at all.

<style type="text/css">
.kesho b {font-weight:bold; color:#9c480f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kesho .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kesho p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kesho {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#f2ecee; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... /kesho.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aaa5a3; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b0201; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread