Little Girl
[html]3+

Talitha knew that Gabriel spoke the truth on her status within Inferni. He had reformed them, saved them when fire threatened their lives on the other side of the mountains. She had been young, but she could remember the smell of the flames, even if she knew not of what had caused them. It had been Gabriel, her holy manifestation turned father, who had led the old Inferni into their new home within the wastes of Nova Scotia. Her blood ran through the soil, founded and kept by the only parent she retained knowledge of.

Her fingers again found the fur at his shoulder, combing through it with a gentle touch; it was a gesture done for her own comfort, meant to reassure that he still sat there. Often things seemed one way, but turned out to be another. It brought her spirits up knowing that things were as they seemed when it came to the Aquila.

A glaze of tears flooded her crimson eyes as she reflected on what he had done for her, allowing her to leave and return of her own will, without question or trials of worth. He was kind, and he loved her, but she gave nothing back to him for such kindness. She inhaled audibly, pressing her muzzle against the side of his neck for a brief moment. "And I for you. I know you suffer through your ghosts by yourself, but you don't have to. I want to be useful to you." The Lykoi didn't expect much acknowledgment for the words, but she felt better knowing she said them. Others had left him in the past, from Faolin to herself, but she would stay for him now.

"I won't be leaving again. I see now that there's nothing outside of the borders for me; everything I love is here," she continued, letting her eyes close. Her weight pushed back as she dropped into the snow atop the ground. A sense of comfort worked its way into her mind, for the first moment in several days, allowing the appearance of a true smile to form on her muzzle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread