wandering
[html]

<3 Wow, I don't know how I did that, but I'm sorry. Lol. WC: 894

"I wish I had more answers for you kiddo. I remember a desert, a long walk, and then these trees...I'm pretty sure it was some bad hash sold to me a while back, before I became acquainted with the different smells." the man said, trailing off a bit during the story.

The girl nodded slowly as he spoke, her face having melted into a more somber expression than the cheery smile she always wore. An odd story, he told... Sage wondered vaguely if his fatigue had caused blackouts in his memory. Maybe time would fill those blanks back in.

As he finished his brief tale, the man named Varice retrieved from his back another joint. Sage's face immediately lit up, excited at the prospect of smoking it with such captivating company. Outside of Juniper Peace, Sage had never really met another that carried around lovely, pre-rolled joints filled with her favorite herb.

"Here, you might wanna sit down for this." Varice said with an impish grin, lowering his body to the ground, sitting cross-legged there.

Rolling her weight briefly to the balls of her feet in an excited gesture, the girl then brought her hands together, fingers splayed out as she glanced down at him. With a grin she softly lowered her petite frame, resting with her legs folded gently under her.

The young Lykoi girl was excited to try this man's grow, but was a bit unsure about his supposed claim of potency. Even at her young age, the tawny girl had tried many different varieties of the lovely herb. Back in Juniper Peace, they grew various different strains each few months, and they always loved to try new things. They had even found a variety which produced a unique, energetic body high while still preserving a clarity of the mind. It even brought creative inspiration, as proven by the multitude of art produced under it's effects. Of course, after finding such a precious herb, Juniper Peace grew it annually. It was with a pang of sadness that the girl smiled softly at the man, excited nonetheless to try his brand.

"Ah, I'm sure I don't need to sit, love," she said in playful jest, "but I don't mind it anyways." her voice was soft and kind, her yellow eyes glancing around, enjoying the forest from a smaller angle. "The world looks a bit different from down here." her words, accompanied with that dreamy smile, were simple; they held little meaning other than their face value. It was a very plain statement, coming from a plain girl.

When the coal-shaded man handed Sage the joint, she politely took it, taking a healthy drag from it's tip, letting the smoke fill her lungs, her eyes closing to enjoy the sensation. The girl nearly coughed, but her experienced organs held fast. She cleared her throat and looked at him with a grin, already feeling the effects of the large hit.

"I may have underestimated you, mister." the pretty girl's eyelids drooped in an innocently sexy way, her voice a mere coo on the breeze. It was, in fact, quite lovely herb.

The man spoke again, questioning her lineage and hinting at his skills. He deserved to brag a bit, Sage thought.

"And how many Lykoi are there? You know, I’m pretty good at growin’ this stuff. It’s always been a bit of a specialty of mine…and if you don’t mind me asking…are any of the other Lykoi girls as cute as yourself?" he asked coyly, the charm clearly thick on his voice.

"Well, mister, you would be pleased to find that there are plenty of Lykoi, and our blood is quite attractive." she said, bragging a bit herself. The young girl knew she was pleasant to look at, although she thought her sisters, and especially Halo, to be much prettier than herself.

"A lot of us are related, here," she began quietly. "You see, Gabriel, the Aquila, is Kaena's son. " she began explaining, using gentle hand gestures as she spoke. This was, after all, a bit complicated. "His last name is different only because of his father. Then, there is Halo, one of Kaena's granddaughters. And then Ezekiel and Talitha, who are Gabriel's children but chose to bear the Lykoi name. Sepirah and Enkiel are around as well, though I haven't seen him much lately..." she trailed off, briefly noticing that the young jackal-boy had been strangely absent. "Finally, my two sisters China, Clover, and I all came here to find our daddy, Razekiel. He's... been missing for a while, as well..." she trailed off sadly for a moment, bringing the joint to her lips and exhaling poignantly. "I really miss him." her ears drooped a bit, eyes saddening and frown appearing on her lips. Where had that lovely smile gone, so quickly?

Sage quickly shook it off, squeezing her eyes shut momentarily and shaking her head, fighting away those negative thoughts. She would find him. They would find him. Together. She and China and Clover.

"Ah...My apologies. I didn't mean to bring your spirits down, love." she laughed gently, chasing away the remnants of that brief splash of such negative emotion. "Anyways; my sisters are quite prettier than I am, I think. You'd like them as well, I'm sure." she said with an honest smile; in truth, China's beauty was much more striking than Clover's or her own.

"But, um..." she trailed off momentarily, trying to think of things to ask this stranger whose past seemed as unknown to him as it was to her. "What is your family like?" she asked, hoping to focus conversation back on him for a moment.

The stranger's herb weighed heavily on her mind and body, but she embraced the wave with welcome arms.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0fbea; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #334830; }
.sagefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; text-align:center;}
.sagefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#c1e6ae; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freebe.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #81b479; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sagefreebe01-border1 {width:452px; border:2px solid #eff8e8; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreebe01-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eff8e8; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#05+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread