wandering
[html]

WC: 464

This new guy was quite flattering. Sage's smile broadened as he said: "Prettier than you? I find that hard to believe." Of course the girl knew that, while her looks were very nice, she was not the most attractive of them all. It didn't bother her, though; her looks, despite being fairly average, had always seemed to be perfectly adequate. Sage blinked her eyes slowly, not really having a proper response for his comment. Instead, she let a simple, serene bow of her head give thanks to the gray male.

"I can't remember much... I remember my dad being big, HUGE even...My mom had sad eyes and my brothers...now that i think about it I may not even be the same color as the rest of the ones who raised me." Varice narrated, pausing to seemingly wrack his brain for the information he apparently lacked.

As the man explained what little he remembered of his past, and Sage was immersed momentarily in thought. Perhaps the man had been adopted? Sage did not feel that adoptive family was any lesser quality than biological family was; in Juniper Peace, there were several adopted children, and even whole families which were not truly related. As far as the heart is concerned, your family is chosen by you and you by them. The tawny girl listened politely, nodding her head in the right places, reaching out a petite hand to touch his shoulder briefly as he finished his small speech.

"Well, love, even if you were adopted, I'm sure your family was marvelous. Or... maybe you don't remember them being so pleasant?" she asked, now unsure of the nature of his memories of them. Her head tilted gently, caring eyes staring into his unknowing ones.

Rather suddenly, the earth child realized just how thirsty she was. Maybe it was the man screaming about water earlier, or maybe it was simply the potency of this herb Varice had cultivated. Either way, she needed to find a stream, or lake, or something soon. Her voice was already sounding a bit more thick than normal(though it was not nearly unpleasant). With a quick glance around, Sage turned to him.

"Hey," she said softly, leaning close to his ear, her voice a funnily seductive whisper for the words she was about to speak, "let's go find some of that water you were talking about earlier, dear." Her sentence finished with a coy smile, lightly tugging on his arm as she stood. The girl grabbed her bag, slinging it and its contents over her shoulder carefully, nodding her head in the direction of the River Acheron. It wasn't far from here, after all; although the water would be quite frigid, right now.

"Come on, now; it's not far from here." she called out, her voice melodic and pretty on the wind.

Even as they walked, the wind blew and tiny snowflakes briskly flew by, a chill causing the Lykoi girl to shiver briefly, pulling her rabbit-fur blanket even closer around her nicely curved figure.

<style type="text/css">
.sagefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0fbea; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #334830; }
.sagefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; text-align:center;}
.sagefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sagefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#c1e6ae; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freebe.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #81b479; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81b479; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sagefreebe01-border1 {width:452px; border:2px solid #eff8e8; margin:0 auto;}
.sagefreebe01-line1 {width:420px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eff8e8; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread