Chasing Flight
She kept silent for what seemed like a few minutes, but when the brute laid, she sighed and sat as well. Her paw was feeling a lot better now that she was able to rest it and pull weight from it. She sat, her tail tucked above her hind paws. She stared at the other wolf who had proclaimed himself by the name of Leon ven Liudesys.

What is it with wolves now a days and their names? She wondered recalling how her father only named her by one name. She then remembered her manners, and tucked her ears back slightly in awareness of her rudeness. She may had had a stoic persona, and attempted to push all that she came in contact with away, but she knew as any that being rude to someone who could easily over come you was a bad thing.

In a fight she could last, and possibly find a way to escape with minimum wounds, but with her still aching paw and the limitations that it gave her, it was better if she played nice.

The she wolf sighed, “Deirdre.” She stated, “My name is Deirdre.”

“As for chasing that bloody bird,” she glowered. “That wasn’t my plan, it just happened to have happened.”

She recalled the hawk in her memory. It was a red-tailed hawk that she chased, its beautiful flight she vividly remembered. She felt her gaze lift into the sky once more, her eyes darting to every slight winged movement. She wanted to see it again; she wanted to chase it down, to claim it. She sighed and looked down once more at the brute.

“Why would you come to check on me?” She asked meeting the gaze of the other. “What did you believe you would gain by interacting with me?”

She knew she sounded crude. She knew with her snarling attitude this other would leave her alone at some point. She wondered how long this other wolf’s patience with her would last, would he see her paw and have sympathy, or would he get up and leave. She sighed.

I have to stop doing this, she said to herself lowering her gaze form the other and looking to her right. She studied the frost bitten life around her. To bad its winter, I could use some herbs right about now…

She continued to look, her eyes going from right to left, and eyeing the ground around her. She studied the plant life that was visible amongst the snow-covered ground, and then raised her head up, eyes clenched. Gentle snow flecks fell upon her face and dotted her coat. Her stomach growled and her ears perked her embarrassment of her stomach speech. She looked over at the brute, and she dipped her head slightly down, eyeing her empty stomach.

When did I last eat? She questioned, realizing that it had been a while since she had hunted. Bloody bird… she repeated in her head, and then spoke out. “Can you hunt?”

Messages In This Thread