my sunshine
[html]

table © Sie

While it made Caillen slightly uncomfortable, what with his urge to give her a respectful birth of room, Talitha seemed rather content to snuggle into his fur. And who was he to complain? She was the first company he'd had in weeks, and as far as the mottled brute was concerned, he had struck lucky. There were many other shady creatures in this part of the woods - the dreaded inhabitants of Inferni, for example - that he would be much more loathe to encounter. It was not necessarily that Caillen hated said pack, more that he was well aware of the many rumours and legends that had spread about it. If anything, Cai knew that a run-in with vicious Inferni coyotes could be the last run-in he ever had. Regardless, he had met a few females from the pack, and they had seemed nice enough... Except for one, but his mind fudged on the details, and once more he couldn't quite remember why it was that Tali's red eyes made him nervous.

It was difficult to stay nervous, though. She was warming up now, and felt rather... Pleasant. Ice-blue eyes blinked docilely at the Lady at the lady as she replied - The wolfdog, menacing in size and brawn though he was, seemed tame a lamb in her presence. If one were to harness the festering anger within him, perhaps this meekness could give way to true monstrosity, but Caillen alone had not the intelligence nor the willpower to turn his blessed bulk into the weaponry it could truly be.

Her story seemed feasible enough, although his brow darkened slightly in concern at the mention of her being in an accident. Distracted from his fussing by her question, the young man smiled again, sharp white teeth glinting in the weak sunlight. "I d'nae belong tae a pack, Lady," and slowly the smile fell away, revealing a surprisingly sore mental wound, "I did hae a pack once, but nae more. I am a vagabond now, Miss. Live by nae rules but my own." It sounded valiant enough, but his lively accent was saddened. Caillen was a creature not meant for the loners life - Without company, his cheerful nature was fast rotting into something more bizarre, more unbalanced.

<style>
.cail-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.cail-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cail-d04 b {color:#1A232D; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.cail-d04 {background-color:#C4CBD3; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_caillen.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4A535E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:203px 0px 10px 0px; }
.cail-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread