Creeping slow, it's okay to be afraid.
Her eyes smiled down at the young pup slowly scooting toward her, she knew perfectly well that the father of this pup would not allow the little one any closer. She sighed, her mind wondering through her imagination.

I would have been a mother now, she told herself, her eyes and stance melted into a form of warmth that only children could bring out in her. She sat with her hind paws in front of her, and her tail curled nicely beside her. Deep within her, her heart began to ache; she hid her emotional pain from this stranger wolf and his cub, and instead if they were gazing upon her they would see a certain sincerity about her at that moment.

She thought, as she had always thought, about those she lost and of a future she would never have. Sadness slipped into her eyes for only a moment, if they…if he was still alive… She tilted her ears back for a moment of sorrow; I would be with cub as well… With that thought, her sadness vanished from her eyes, and her ears shot up with a sudden shock.

He had asked her a question, throwing her back into realty and away from her thoughts. She looked up at the white wolf with sudden realization, “Huh?” Was the sound she blurted out before the question he asked could form in her mind, “Oh! I’m Deirdre.” She tilted her head in a slight bow, an odd gesture, but a gesture she would use to show curtsy while sitting. “I’m called Deirdre.”

Her tail thumped lightly on the snow covered ground as she looked up at the other wolf and his cub, “and yours?” She asked. “What is your name?” She looked once more at the cub, “if you don’t mind me asking, what is your son’s name?”

She kept her gaze gently upon the brute, not moving her gaze from him until he offered as well his name. There was no longer any threat with in her stance. In the presence of the cub her stoic and crude attitude completely vanish, now upon her was the ghost of her former self. With the little cub amongst her sight, she was herself, the wolf she was before their deaths, before his death, and before her life was pulled into an abyss of her own creation. She sat, eyes smiling and shining with a warmth unlike when she had encountered this stranger wolf. Her protective walls were down.

Messages In This Thread