I'm not about to give thanks or apologize.
[html]

There had been a time when solitude had been his only companion. He had traveled many miles hiding from wolf packs, worried that they would see him as an enemy. Tristan, despite the fact he was nearly pure wolf, had told him about being attacked by strangers. Wolves often despised the other predators that they shared dominion with. Though he rarely saw anger in his larger, red-furred companion, Tristan had spoken of wolves with hatred in his voice. So he had walked alone for many weeks until the coy-dog had found him. She had pretty eyes and a nice voice, and had convinced him that her people were friendly. So for a long time, he had been with others. Long enough to sorely miss his own family and leave them behind.

With his sister here, though, he had company. He had his family again. Gabriel was his father, but he had never been very involved in his upbringing. Fatin and Tristan had filled those roles. But his twin was his other half, the deep red moon to his gold-bronze sun. At her question he smiled fondly, pulling her body closer to his for the moment. It was a familiar thing, one that might almost seem romantic if they did not know the pair were related. “When I first left here, I got lost in some deep woods. I was tired and looking for a place to sleep, and wound up face to face with a badger. He was not happy about having a big dumb coyote stick his nose in his home, and let me know that pretty quickly. Luckily I know how to talk low-speech; I didn’t know as well then, so the badger thought it was pretty funny. He told me I talked like a baby.”

<style type="text/css">
.ezekiel-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ezekiel-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ezekiel-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ezekiel-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ekiel1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread