Counting Down the Hours
[html]

OOC: Yay wacky ending. I tired to keep the same length as your post but my muse decided to stop around 600 words D=

WC: 600+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each passing hour seemed to take an eternity to him, the monotonous and barren plain around him almost burning his eyes as it provided no way for his mind to wander off and forget the constantly nagging pain that he could feel on almost all his body. For a while he had tried to convince himself to get the bones of his broken hand back into position, yet a small part of his mind was holding him back, mostly in fear of the pain it would surely cause. But the fear of losing the limb was slowly overcoming the first.

Slowly the injured hand was revealed from its improvised refuge, its protector slowly moving it forward to allow his sight to study it completely. A sudden shout sprouted from his clenched jaws, being numbed down by the same fact. Each and every single movement created but another sharp thorn of intense pain, clouding his blurry sight for a few moments. And yet with the entire struggle and the forceful tugs at his hand to get it into his line of sight he finally did it as it rested extended right in front of him, almost as if it were asking him “Great! What now?” but right now not even he knew. The hand was slightly twisted and the fingers were slightly curved towards the palm, he could even see one of the small bones sticking out of place.

Both his hands were now a bloody mess, the source of the blood was pretty much unknown as it was practically sprouting from him in almost random places. Almost as if it were a macabre canvass the snow was slowly being painted the same dark red of his blood, following abstract pattern, circles and spots being the main ones.

All this time he just stood there frozen on the same position, just standing there against the weak tree with a single hand extended towards the fading horizon, almost as if asking it for something it knew it wouldn’t get. In his trance he didn’t quite see Kami’s approach, his view and attention focused on the tattered hand. It was not until words were pronounced by the ebony male that his mind decided to reawaken, his eyes darting towards his direction.

Falgar blinked a few times as he stared at the dark wolf, his mind not quite being able to think clearly at the moment. His heavy skull gave a quick shake yet the emptiness on his uneven eyes still remained, but his mind had finally finished comprehending what was happening

“Oh hello there… Kami right? I am just…lost. I really don’t know how I finished up here”

his words were hollow, the usual cheery and sing song tone his voice would carry was gone, lost on the void the pain and the fear had created. Darkened eyes focused on the other male’s gold ones, almost as if his own sight was desperately searching for a decent grip on reality to avoid his mind to fleet away once again, to feel that all this chain of events was not a sour nightmare that had a grip on him.

The extended hand called for his attention once again as another wave of pain invaded his brain, wracking all his body back on the process. He used all his strength to pull a weak smile on his blood matted face

“Sir..would you mind helping me? I need to get the bones in my hand as they should be but I need you to hold me in position so I don’t mess it up in a jolt of pain”.

Falgar knew his plea of help may sound a bit pathetic to the other wolf as even in his current situation he was still asking for it instead of like demanding it or simply barking orders, but all the pain on the world would not make him lose all that he fought for these past years of his life, the person he had fought to become and that he would not give up.

<style>
.falgarlost .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.falgarlost p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread