Creeping slow, it's okay to be afraid.
How far had they traveled? He thought about it for a little while. It had seemed like a lifetime ago....finally he spoke, his tone softer. "My best guess is three weeks. We were in a pack in Michigan..." At least...that's where the signs said they were. It had taken Noah a while to get them there. And it had taken he and Liam a while to get back. He hadn't known how to get the two of them back to Souls. He trailed off again, his mind drifting back to Kira and Odadio and the unlikely love triangle he'd been caught in. A playful yip from Liam brought him back to the present, to the wolfess in front of him. He mustered a smile, his eyes still emotionally distant. He might not have his mother's vices, but he did have her emotional issues.

Liam wanted to be included in the conversation, so he romped over to where the two faced each other, the nice female laying, and his daddy sitting. He pounced on his dad's paws, then jumped towards the female. "We walked far ways from Cat...cat...cat list. From mom and Odi and Azzy. My sis got losted though in the snow. We walked by the sea and the mountains and da said was an old bridge by was too bad to walk on so we went way round. Through old cities and some stuff. Da says Azzy is bad wolf, that he hurted me. Is you bad wolf? You seem nice wolf. You pretty lady. You be my momma? We left momma back in Cat list."

Tal gave another uncomfortable smile, now feeling the compulsion to explain. "Catalyst...it's the name of the pack we were in. It's a long story..." He paused, then tried to turn the topic to better things, less painful for him. "You know...Well I guess you wouldn't, but I have an older sister with your same name. There is an old legend behind it. Have you heard it?" He was a good story teller, and had read or been told many older stories. Bi-colored eyes watched as Liam curled up between Deirdre's paws, settling in for a good story. He loved it when his dad told stories.

Messages In This Thread