I'm scared of what's behind and what's before
[html]

300+

If possible, the town had become even more of an unsettling place after the storm. Not many windows had been broken the last time he was here (and he had broken one himself), but now he could barely see any panes of untouched glass. Some of the roofs had collapsed under the weight of the snow, just as the roofs of the huts of AniWaya had. Were the winters in this land always this harsh? Nayati certainly hoped this was not the case, else they would need to rebuild their village every spring and that was no way to live. The storm had seemed to come as a surprise to Dawali though, and so it could be safely assumed that no such thing had occurred the winter prior. The Utina was never a fan of the cold season, but he was more ready than ever for it to end. He could not work on a new hut for him and his mate while the snow was so deep. There was plenty of room for them in the Town Hall, but it was not a home.

Iye and Nayati picked their way carefully through the town, the man's nerves sparking and crackling, waiting for any sign of trouble. His unease in these old human places would surely be deemed irrational by most, but to him it seemed a place where dark spirits would gather to plan misfortune. Look what had happened to that race, after all? Had they not met their doom? The less he had to do with the relics of that dead race, the better.

He had heard the sounds of approaching paws and hooves and his eyes turned to take in the rather interesting appearance of a woman walking beside her mare. Her hair was styled in a way he had never seen before, and the clothing she wore was just as much a mystery. The Utina was not one to judge on appearances though, and the woman seemed quite friendly as she approached and asked him what he was looking for. The initial word she spoke he did not understand, but the rest were quite clear. "I am actually looking for blankets and wood and other supplies to help my tribe. We were hit quite hard by the storm. Most of our homes were blown down and I thought perhaps this was the best place to look." His eyes made another uneasy sweep of the town. He slid down off of Iye's back, so as not to seem rude. "I am Nayati Utina, of the AniWaya tribe," he introduced with a smile.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatimist b {font-weight:bold; color:#8AA2B9; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatimist-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.nayatimist p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatimist {margin:0 auto; width:457px; background-color:#ADBECF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... /nmist.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7C90AB; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E1E8EF; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #91A2B6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread