Snowstorm Thread - Time Kills Slowly
[html]

OOC: Sorry for being late. Better late than never, right?

There was a rather important thing that Slade had failed to do, and that was to introduce himself. Like a bug he had followed the group into the house and settled down separately. As soon as a reddish-colored male made himself known as Fallen the violinist - making Slade wonder what, exactly, a violin was - Slade realized he was being a complete hypocrite. A few days ago it had been he that had been upset, to say the least, at Sankara because she had failed to state her name, and now they were both doing the exact same thing. It couldn't be more hypocritical.

Mars gave Slade an answer to what a violin was, and started to play a song. For a moment, it took Slade's mind off of his mistake until Mars pointed out that he had failed to make himself familiar to the other canines around him. "I'm Slade," he said quickly, "writer." Feeling that he had nothing else to say, he started to glance around the house, mostly so that he didn't seem to be staring at everyone like a spy of some sort.

To his surprise, Sankara got up and offered him a blanket, saying that she wasn’t holding a grudge. Guilt flooded back to Slade; what kind of miserable hypocrite was he? As much as he wanted to lay down and rest his frostbitten paws on that blanket - which suddenly seemed a lot warmer and fluffier than it had before - he knew that he wasn't about to keep this stay-away-from-Sankara act up any longer.

"I'm sorry," he blurted. "I didn't recognize you and got caught up in what I was talking about, and... take the blanket." He nosed it back towards the female's feet, ignoring his own sore pads that seemed to be screaming in protest. "I think you deserve a little more warmth than I've been giving you." He kept his gaze on the blanket, hoping that he wasn't really making a scene. He hated being in the spotlight, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.sladefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bacdd6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000f3d; }
.sladefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; text-align:center;}
.sladefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#527d96; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... slade1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bacdd6; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000f3d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sladefreebe01-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #527d96; margin:0 auto;}
.sladefreebe01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #527d96; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#03+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread