Creeping slow, it's okay to be afraid.
Quote:OOC~ Had a panic attack because of the length. It started out as 966 words, that's why I had two posts, haha. But I rewrote it to go for 627 words....:|

Deirdre watched as Liam made himself comfortable in her paws and began to drift off into a sleep. She did not answer Tailiesin until after he crept closer and lay close by her and his cub. She gently smiled, and gazed up at Tailiesin. At first she did not think she could answer that small question, truthfully, she told herself that what she went through was all but a dream and that her pack and father still waited for her out there somewhere. In a sense, they probably did, but in the reality of the truth, she knew that everyone she knew from her past was dead. She sighed then and answered Tailiesin.

“Everyone…” She said quietly, making sure that Liam was in deep sleep before she continued to speak. Satisfied by the sleeping pup between her paws she kept her gaze upon the little one’s father. “I may as well tell you.”

He would be the first she would tell, and if it were not for Liam sleeping between her paws, she probably would never have shared her past with this male wolf. She took in a deep breath and rearranged her memories. Sad as they were, Deirdre would not hesitate to explain why she felt such connection to the legend of her name.

“My mother died when I was still very young,” She started. “I was raised by a Luperci male by the name of Syris…” She stopped there, and explained the situation of her parents. “Never knew the male wolf who took part in my birth,” She bluntly stated, “Syris raised me after my mother left me in his care.”

Happy memories of her childhood flashed before her mind’s eye. She let slip a peaceful sigh from between her maw, but picked back up on her story soon after.

“You asked me who I have lost, well…” She took in a deep breath and then exhaled, “My mother was the first to go,” Her gaze rested on Tailiesin, “my father was the next…” She exhaled, “He was killed in a fire…”

“After his death I was taken in by a small pack…” She lowered her gaze to rest on Liam, and in her downward look, a small happy glimpse could be seen. She remembered the black brute that came to her rescue, remembered when he announced her as his, and then remembered when he left her, when they all left her. She sighed, and spoke his name. “Damian…”

Here, she had seemed to space out. Her gaze lifted to stare at nothing before her, but then she sighed. “He was my mate…” She answered the silent surrounding. Her gaze returned to Tailiesin, “and his pack was my own, my family and friends…”

She lowered her gaze from the male wolf for only a moment, “I’ve lost all of them, Tailiesin.” She stated returning her gaze upon him once more, “Not long ago, they all perished…”

She sighed. The memories of that horrid day came rushing back to her. She remembered the yelps of her pack mates as the flooring beneath them collapsed and they all fell. She lowered her gaze mournfully from Tailiesin and placed them upon Liam as she spoke the rest of her tale.

“It was my mate’s brother who led us into that building, we were just going to explore it, see if we couldn’t find something interesting…” She stated quietly, “We didn’t know that the floor would collapse on us…It held us for so long, we all thought it was safe…There were no signs!” She shook her head roughly, her eyes clutched tightly shut as she tried to fight the images of that day away from her mind’s sight. She whimpered softly when she next spoke, “I lost them all…”

Messages In This Thread