It burns and it shrieks; My flesh I will peel back
[html]
3+ Lupus form.

Her already restless slumber was shattered by the sounds of agony, and the paranoid woman shot up from her place on the floor of the cave, all four legs shaking anxiously. The wailing was distant, but it had startled her all the same. Someone was hurting, and it was oh so possible that it was one of her beloved family, though the distance reassured her that it couldn't be the precious father she coveted. Quick steps carried her from the small den, away from home and toward the far reaches of Grimwell Cavern, where Kaena and Sepirah lived. Sepirah. Though the de le Poer princess felt no love for her distant and strange jackal cousin, she was blood. It settled into the woman's head that the wailing sounds might have emanated from her red-tipped muzzle in the night.

It wasn't Sepirah, however. As the sickly, russet coyote neared the noise, her crimson gaze fell on the awkward form of...something. Years had passed since her own transformation from the quadruped form natural birthed them in, and the sight of another taking part in a similar rite of passage didn't register. Instead of offering comfort, she grimaced and halted in her steps. What was it, really? The smells rang true of dear Kaena, estranged mother in place of traitor Faolin, but she had never seen the shifting mass before. New blood to the clan? No. Kaena was far too old to mother more children.

"If you calm down, it will stop." Her voice was firm, commanding, but wasn't intended to be loud. Rather, it was her attempt to relax the pup from the stress of transforming. Where often there was unexpressed emotion in her wide ruby gaze, there was nothing. No sympathy, no concern. For the first moment in her lifetime, she was absent of those things she found so distasteful. "But if you keep screaming like you are, I promise you won't like the result." The threat was backed with the same firm absence seen in the command given moments before.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread