a morning after
[html]
3+

After her story was told, she waited for response from the tan and maroon male she had been speaking to. True to her own expectations, he seem surprised, but as he voiced a question, it was clearly not what she expected. Why did she follow the pair to Nova Scotia? What reason was there to go after them? Krystalle's face fell into a stony representation of thought, her mind working carefully to find an answer. "I guess...it was just what I did. I mean, it doesn't have to make sense, y'know? Mars and Barty are family, and I ain't got anyone else back home." Her words seemed dredged with confusion, something she hadn't experienced for a good year or two. A puffed out sigh escaped the cream muzzle of the mutt, her body shifting against the large tree used as a backrest. "Bein' with someone, even if it ain' workin', is better than being alone."

It made sense in her own mind that she would have followed Mars Bartholomew Russo to the ends of the world and off of them, just to ensure she wasn't alone in the ruins of her home city. Loneliness wasn't something that most sane people sought out, not when they were perfectly happy in social situations. She could remember being desperate for contact, almost to the point of returning to her father's radicals in the desert, and that was the final push that sent her on the journey to find the D.I.D. wolf who had been her friend for so long. A smile broke past the solemn expression on her face, but didn't reach her eyes. "'Nuff 'bout me. What's up with this place? I mean, Barty says y'all are artists. All 've ya?" The idea astounded her. Where she had been considered strange, this place was full of people who could accept her unique tastes in hobbies, rather than shun her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread