Snowstorm Thread - Sky's House
[html]

Thanks for your patience. My class is over so I should pick up the pace now! wc 300+

She smiled as Shawchert came over to her, and barely noticed Sky as the woman watched from a nearby recliner. She was too absorbed in her own world right now to feel the eyes on her. The storm that raged outside and ravaged their pack lands had acted as a bandage over her weathered nerves, and she felt much less edgy around Sky now even if things had not been completely smoothed out.

Orin leaned back as Shawchert approached her, and she moved her hand inviting him to feel the babies that wriggled around inside her belly. She grinned, proud of this sign that they were doing well, especially after the harrowing days after their conception. Even Orin herself was looking more lively and well, and this certainly reflected in the babies' actions.

“I don't know,” she shook her head gently, turning her golden eyes to look at her belly. “I think there's more than one, because it feels like one starts moving around first and wakes someone else up. I'm pretty sure there's more than one, but how many? I'm not sure.”

As she talked, the babes inside of her calmed and the bumps and nudges against her stomach lessened, until soon stopping completely. She waited a moment for them to start back up, but they didn't. Her eyes darted to Shawchert.

“Play for them. That's when they woke up - when you started playing. They want to hear your music.” She waved a hand at Shawchert, trying to hurry him along. She liked the feeling of her unborn children playing to their father's music. “Maybe they are dancers...” she mused fondly.

Finally as she waited for Shawchert to continue the soft whistling melody of the flute, she twisted to look at Sky. She smiled at the woman, a gesture that held no animosity or spite, this was a purely happy moment and she was willing to invite her entire pack to share in it. “Do you want to feel?” She did not know if this would make Sky sad, nor would that be her intent. The woman had just lost a litter of her own and could misconstrue the offer many ways. But being left out, being purposefully shoved to the side, seemed like a far more painful fate.

<style type="text/css">
.orinwinter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.orinwinter b {font-weight:bold; color:#9999cc; letter-spacing:1px}
.orinwinter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orinwinter {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d4d4ce; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2afctg6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 205px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#81909b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread