Making progress despite the belly.
A toothy smile appeared across his face as she acknowledged him and accepted his invitation to assist her. He listened intently, calmly. His focus on her was almost intense enough to cause a straining headache, but he kept that in check and fought off any other stray thoughts as well. Her giggle made him melt. A mix of rage began to swell; he did and did not like the melting feeling. His inner voice told him to leave, to spare himself of what would come of this. But no, the joy of the situation over powered the voice and suppressed the rage to be almost non-existent.

He listened, knowing the storm all too well, from a traveler’s side. He had a really rough time during the storm. He wasn’t caught off guard by it, but he underestimated it. He then cast a playful smile as she said she was a little slow right now.

He twitched, as if he was going to help her get up. But he could see she managed and did not seem to want help with that. He played it off as his end of the offer and knelt down and began to pick up the pieces of wood. He looked up at her now and then as she talked. He hesitated a moment…should he give his full name? But his feelings were already fogging his mind of his own defenses.

“I am Argul Rakezael. You can say I’m just visiting. I am bonded to no packs.” He looked up at her, “I generally live in the wilderness.” His eyes seemed lonely as he said it. It was a hard life, he liked it though.

He straightened up with the wood in his arms and waited for her to direct him on where she would like it. His intentions were to stay and help with the windows though he was neglecting to say that. His mind felt foggy and muddled with thoughts and emotions. He found that he kept asking himself what and why he was here and doing this. They easily got dismissed every time he looked at Orin.

Messages In This Thread