Making progress despite the belly.
Her giggling was a pleasant torture to Argul. He melted at them but knew he should not. He could not even fight himself on this. He eventually quit trying, too, after calling himself an idiot for these feelings. He didn’t even know her that well and it was growing. Every phrase she uttered, the way she moved, her trusting and merry nature was….well it was nearly the exact opposite of him and he found himself overwhelmingly attracted to it… to her.

He almost declined instantly to stay with her. He knew that would only further this inner turmoil he has and feed the desire that was growing for this female. But he found he did not utter any of those words, instead his heart jumped and he found the invitation was like finding an ancient and rare treasure.

“I would be much obliged to take you up on that offer and help in any way that I can. I must admit, I may not be the most skilled at home repairs due to lack of experience.” He gave a small short laugh. He meant it, but didn’t want to sound like a complete dolt. Then that threw him off-guard once again. Why was he worried about looking like a complete fool? He hardly cared what others thought and was always sure of himself.

He smiled at her at the warning about the glass, though didn’t seem to mind or even watch his steps that much. As soon as the words left her mouth he planned on sweeping the place better for her. He headed over to the counter and then stopped suddenly and looked at her. His face more serious than normal, he spoke in a low tone.

“I am not going to be….uh…..intruding, am I?” He wasn’t quite sure how he wanted to say it. And he wasn’t sure he even wanted to know the answer. His stomach knotted as the words spilled out of his mouth. His heart felt like it stopped, waiting for the answer.

Messages In This Thread