Making progress despite the belly.
[html]

Word Count → 500+

Being the less than observant type, and preoccupied with the cleaning tool she had just grabbed, she missed it as Argul's expression mutated. She was looking down, eying the floor for shards of glass so she could sweep it up before either of them stepped on it. Even if she had been looking directly at him she probably would not have noticed what the look was for, and discarded it quickly. When he spoke, though, she turned her eyes back to the hybrid and smiled, forgetting her cleaning duty for the moment.

“Thanks so much, the help really is appreciated. It goes a long way.” Her words were genuine, and she was grateful for his understanding. A day of work would help her dearly, and it was a good trade and a sensible idea. This way she would not have to bother any of her pack members, who were all busy with their own clean up and restoring their own lives, and will have been independent when it came to getting this job done. Very much like a smart mother would do! She smiled at the thought.

“Pretty much whatever you can see that needs to be done, and wherever you'd like to start would be good. I need to get the windows covered,” she reiterated with a gesture. “If possible I'd like to reinforce that counter. I should probably clean that stockroom, and it would be nice to get the old cot removed from my bedroom... actually, forget that. I think I will make a bed down here on this level, maybe move that desk and make a bed right there.” She pointed to the middle of the main wall, last-minute planning in effect. “It's probably not a good idea to have the pups upstairs. And I know I'm not going to want to climb those stairs for a few days. I'd rather be down here with all of my supplies at hand.” A firm nod sealed it, this was her plan.

She inspected the area that she wanted to make a floor-based bed out of skins and blankets, chewing on her lip in thought. A more in-tune wolfess may have felt the man's eyes on her by now, but Orin was so lost in thought that she hardly noticed Argul's presence for the moment. She payed no attention to where Argul was walking, and she nearly jumped out of her skin when he jerked and cursed. She turned toward him in surprise and his stance instantly told her what had happened. “Oh no!” She gasped, dropping the broom to the floor with a clatter and grabbing a chair from the desk. She dragged it over to him. “Here, sit! Oh god, I'm so sorry! I should have swept better. Is it still stuck?” Apparently it was, for he was picking at his foot. He looked like he might be able to extract the object on his own, so she turned and waddled toward the back room.

“I don't really have a first aid kit,” she said over her shoulder as she disappeared into the darkness. “But after I got in a little tiff with Sky I thought it would be a good idea to keep some bandages on hand.” She appeared again, hurrying over with a few ribbons of clean cloth. Although she was not exerting herself terribly, the very plump wolfess was now breathing somewhat heavily, the burden of the puppies forcing her lungs to work double-time.

<style>
.orin-scrolltxt-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:259px; height:80px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.orin-scrolltxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.orin-scrolltxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.orin-scrolltxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.orin-scrolltxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.orin-scrolltxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread