Making progress despite the belly.
Her voice pierced him. He was able to swallow again, he was less paralyzed, and mind was clearing up. His body was still very rigid, even after she removed her hand. He felt foolish and helpless. It was something he couldn’t control. It took him a minute, but he was able to speak finally.

“No, you were not hurting me. I am sorry.” His voice was a lowly sad, the type you hear from someone that felt helpless. The sound was very apologetic, all blame aimed towards himself. He reached down and began to work with the bandages. A skill that working with wounds was very obvious here, though she would not want to know why.

He looked up to her finally, after he generally got the wound under control. He wrapped the bandage strips tightly, tighter than she would have done. His intentions were to begin working on her house. Looking upon her face helped lighten him up a bit. He found himself staring for awhile, enjoying the sight of her, and wondering why he was so attracted to her. He felt different around her, and it was obvious to him. He thought he was saying stupid stuff, and then there was this glass incident.

Suddenly he stood up, only a slight wince on his face as he put his foot back down to the ground.

“Well, I have added to the mess. I will work doubly hard to fix this.” His eyes glinting with anger towards himself as he looked down at the blood and mess they created. Then he noticed her hands and his own hands.

“Maybe we should clean ourselves up first?” His tone was disappointment with himself. Not only did he get the place messier, had her rushing to help him and worried but he got blood on her hands.

“Sorry” it lightly and almost inaudibly came out of his mouth.

Messages In This Thread