[P] Pride vs. Prejudice
[html]

OOC: It's fine, I'm kinda a slow replier, too, so no worries on your part. WC: 272

Well, Slade's question had an obvious answer, as he realized that there weren't many Luperci who would go around stepping on tails for the fun of it, but at least it had been a mistake. The young coyote made the mistake of thinking that the taller male would proceed to apologize after that; it was common courtesy, wasn't it? Slade had done things like this enough times to realize that it was smart to say he was sorry so he didn't come off as rude. He realized exactly how friendly this gesture was when the man refused to say it.

This didn't help Slade's attitude at all, especially when a comment about his size was made. Was he small for a coyote? Yes, and he knew it all too well, and while this often didn't bother him much he always felt somewhat self-conscious when someone pointed it out. The fact that he was already harboring a grudge didn't help the matter, but he tried to keep calm. Of course, that didn't mean that he was going to be particularly friendly, either.

"I've survived well enough on my own like this, thank you," he answered flatly. Deciding not to add anything else to what he said, as all he could think of were sharp retorts, Slade tried to change the direction of the conversation. "So what's your name?"

OOC ENDING:
Eventually Bao and Slade got in a pretty tough argument, mostly on the subject of Luperci vs. Lupus. Slade ended up backing out because he was running out of witty retorts, but he continues to hold a grudge.
This was mutually agreed to.

<style type="text/css">
.sladetracks b {font-weight:bold; color:#202D4D; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sladetracks .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.sladetracks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sladetracks {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#8D9AB8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/qzg755.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C558F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread