Tree Tops and Fleeting Hawks
Quote:OOC~ XD aww, poor Niro she’s gonna make him a bit more uncomfortable. Oh, she does not understand the bird language (well she is unaware if she does or not), but she does read body language and takes an understanding from that.

The she wolf’s ears flatten against her skull. She did not growl but simply lowered her gaze, hardening it in her distaste of the way this Luperci spoke. She snorted her discomfort with how she heard him explain his coming of the fledgling that rested aware of its master’s discomfort. She narrowed her gaze at the winged one and studied it.

It is aware of this Niro’s mood, she thought to herself bringing her gaze away from the bird and resting her gray orbs upon Niro. So, he is not a cruel master of these winged ones. She told herself stealing a glance toward the eagle that arrived shortly before Niro had told her of his capture of the one he tethered. She studied the other predator bird perched upon a tree limb, and then lowered her head to shake it with disappointed confusion.

“Are you not a wolf?” She asked taking her gaze and placing it upon Niro, “It doesn’t matter if you can’t speak with them in their own language.” She sighed, “There is already a chance that the ones you have befriended understand you…” She lowered her gaze for a while, and then lifted them once more, “Have the Luperci people lost their ancestral ways, have they forgotten that they are wolves?” she asked, not yet sure of where her own words were taking flight to. Then she remembered the books on humans that she had read when still her father lived. “Are the Luperci becoming like those humans of the past?” She questioned, sadness creeping into her speech.

These thoughts had always confused her. Her father, while an adopted father, but still her own was of the Luperci, she had noticed the difference in the way he lived. He took more of a ‘human’ approach. That was the only word she could come up with to describe the acts that were not the norm to her. Born to a feral wolf and then raised by a Luperci only to be once again taken in by a pack of feral wolves; she was more tuned to that of the feral and seeing the difference in the Luperci only confused her more upon the understanding of her kin affected by the luperci. She had to admit to herself however that she too had abilities that she would label human.

She sighed, and with her sudden confusion upon the difficulty of understanding the ways of most luperci, the she wolf gazed once more upon Niro with a softer look. She then answered his question, “I was following a red-tailed hawk.” She said gazing up to the sky and then lowering it, “as for my being in the trees…”

She cocked her head in a bewildered gesture, “I climbed it.” She blinked, “I had believed that climbing it and then leaping from branch to branch would better help me keep up with the hawk.” She laughed to herself, “however I ran out of limbs and ended up jumping out from the branches and landing here, before you.” She drew her gaze to the sky, “and he got away again.”

Messages In This Thread