It burns and it shrieks; My flesh I will peel back
The remains of the pain made his torn ear twitch and spasm. He shifted his body as he watched her change from her four legged form to the one that stood tall, he did not know their names. She uttered no sounds of pain nor did her body show signs of it, and he wondered if it were simply himself that was weak. He shivered and attempted to stand up on his feet, but could not find his balance and fell forwards onto his hands.

Again he tried and this time managed to stand upright. He held his arms out to steady himself and staggered forwards a step, bringing his other leg forwards to balance properly. His face turned to her as she spoke and he lost the balance again falling to his knees and hands. He resisted the urge to whimper, something he hadn't done since Cain has scared him so thoroughly at the borders. He shook the mane from his eyes, and tried to stand for a third time.

This time he stayed still and looked at the woman, copying how she held her legs and finally kept himself upright.

"I feel strange but I don't hurt anymore... will it always hurt like that? If it does then I don't want it." A distressed look came over his face, her gentle voice was helpful but he couldn't help the few tears that came to his eyes although he did not let them fall.

Messages In This Thread