Dead weight
[html]

Wordcount: 3+

The simple fact that Halo was even there left her unstable cousin on edge, but she didn't allow it to distract her from the onyx creature that stood before them. Zombie mused about alcohol, helping the nerves but preventing logical decision-making. Talitha let out a rather amused laugh and gave a nod of her head. "Oh, yes. I know that part quite well myself," she murmured, crossing her still-thin arms under the body that had morphed into something less grotesque over weeks of eating. She was still simply too thin, but Ezekiel had taught her to hunt and she couldn't dishonor her beautiful brother by refusing to eat. Still, it wasn't often; her body still spoke of malnutrition, ribs glued to the top layer of her short fur and features gaunt.

For the briefest moment, she didn't register that Halo had spoken. Seconds ticked past, her black-rimmed ears empty of the sound of her cousin's voice until it hit her. The diary. For weeks after her argument with the Lykoi, who surely wasn't a real Lykoi as she hadn't been born of Inferni like her older cousin, she had sought out the diary that had gone missing. The smile that had been on the cream maw of Talitha twisted into a vague representation of amusement. "I did find it, yes. Of course, I wouldn't have had to waste time searching if some horribly ignorant bitch hadn't touched my things and tossed it away," she countered, shrugging her shoulders up to her neck. "Surely, such a creature has left since my most recent excursion into the world."

Though the words were unclear, the meaning was not. The de le Poer princess brushed auburn curls away from her features as she studied her cousin, scanning her for new additions to an otherwise flawless form. She approved of the way Halo carried herself, but not of the way she treated others; of course, Talitha herself was not known for kindness. A shake of her head turned her attention back to the ebony fae she had neglected. "Perhaps I can help you find yourself a home. I know Inferni very well; it's been my home for nearly three years." There was a soft stress on the word 'my', but she made no move to further harass the warrior Lykoi with them.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread