Dead weight
[html]

Last post before my vacation, guize Big Grin I'll be back in roughly 10 days.

Zombie, perhaps a little crass, couldn't understand how someone could be offended by her meager jest. But it was obvious, by the dark expression shadowing Halo's face that she had struck a nerve. One of her tall ears flipped backwards in soundless apology, but that was something that would never be vocalized in earnest—it was surprising enough that she even offered the motion, but because she had inadvertently irritated the warrior-looking young woman, she didn't feel as if she should be making enemies so soon into the damn game.

Her thin shoulders shrugged slightly, inwardly dismissing the subject. There wasn't much to be done; she was already sitting on the ground, lower than both her superiors and precariously placed between them—she didn't see how much more respectful she needed to be. Crossing her legs, she peered up at the two, glancing back and forth much like a giddy, clueless child might watch her parents argue. It was interesting, because they weren't yelling at each other and their tones were held in an almost sickly sweet pleasantness, but the air between them was thick enough to cut with a.. rusty, old butter knife. Nondescriptly, Zombie lifted the knife very slightly and made a small slashing movement—pantomiming the cutting of the air.

She didn't much pay attention to the subject at hand, but she was aware when she'd been addressed again. Her head tilted, and her dark eyes met Talitha's lightly. "That'd be enormously well received," she purred, baring her teeth in a light grin. "But I was doing something totally useless, but entirely stress-relieving," she said, glancing towards them both nonchalantly, without implying anything. She twiddled the knife dexterously in her right hand, then pointed above her head with the other so that their eyes were drawn to the carving of her name. "Juvenile? Yes. Entertaining? Just a little," she added, holding out her palm and presenting the knife to either of them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread