We all follow the leader...
WC: 300+ 3 points

The sharp answer made Makhesthai look up from destroying the Lykoi star he had drawn and he nodded. His mother had been a fool and she still was for she still breathed, something he would rectify in time when he was able to. He appreciated the Aquila's blunt way of speaking, Maki was not a child in the conventional sense, people did not need to tiptoe around him with matters, his mother had called him every name under the sun, he probably knew more curse words than some of the canines here but that was neither here nor there.

You’re barely old enough to learn how to hunt The leader's words for all their lack of compassion or warmth were comforting to the youngster. That he was not expected to be able to perform yet at this moment in time was.. in a way a relief to the pup, he was not useless because he could not contribute although he felt a small stab at his pride, he was not yet bothered enough about it to react beyond a quiet,

"I can hunt mice and rats...." His voice tailed off into nothingness as he listened to the leaders next words. He lapsed into thought as he considered to the statement and then replied,

"There was no one to protect me and my brothers and sisters. I want to make sure that Inferni never ends up like that." His conviction shone in his eyes. He hadn't been here that long but already Inferni was his home and his family. Family stuck together through everything like he had stuck by his siblings as best he could and so he would stand by Inferni and its members. His life he owed to the clan for no doubt he would be dead now had they decided to reject him.

Messages In This Thread