Running the night shift.
[html]

Thank you! I love your writing as well, its impossible not to picture it all in the mind when I read yours.

Golden eyes snapped open as Siku heard the soft voice, and the young Dahlian nearly stopped breathing as she looked up quickly. There, in the blackness of the night, another soul lingered in the cemetery. "Mother?" Was all Siku could utter, wide eyes locked on the figure that stood not too far away. From still to racing in moments, Siku's heart went crazy and she could only stay as still as the statues around her. All she could see at first was white fur, golden eyes like her own, and a glow in the strangers chest. It had to be Tanaraq, hearing her daughter cry for her! Trembling, Siku tilted her head to the side and looked closer.

For the second time that night, the alabaster woman's heart stopped momentarily. Eyes steadied on the figure, and finally noticed a few key features that immediately cast the wolf out as a ghost. She was not translucent or transparent, and her breath could be seen in the crisp cold air. The strange woman was alive. Black tips of fur on both her ears and tail, Siku knew it was not her mother. The light that lit up her face was just a glow stick around her neck, and it illuminated the beautiful but unfamiliar face. It was not an unkind expression that greeted Siku that night, but a gentle sorrow that seemed to connect her to the stranger in the cemetery. 'You look how I feel,' Siku thought wonderingly, her golden eyes studying the stranger curiously. The woman had looked like her mother at first, in the confusion of being startled. With a second glance though they looked nothing alike. Siku felt boring in comparison, pure white fur blending into the snow as she stayed where she was. Disappointment caused Siku to look down with a soft sigh.

"I thought you were a ghost. Then I thought you were someone else. But you're not. You're alive, and I don't know you." Siku spoke to the wolf as if nothing was wrong, though inside her heart broke apart slowly. However, the curiosity of meeting someone new eased the disappointment as she smiled up at the stranger. "Sorry if I disturbed the peace. I was trying to connect with the spiritual world." Siku held up her front paws to wave them in front of herself as she pronounced 'spiritual world', trying to add emphasis to the subject. She then dropped her paws to lean back and study the strange woman again. "Only one who seemed to hear was you, though. That's okay. Living or dead, I don't judge."

Siku did not even bother trying to control her babbling, the uniqueness of the situation causing her to simply run her mouth. Wide set white paws began to pad toward the other white figure, golden eyes trying to meet with the other's as she sat meters away. "I'm Siku. Do you live in Dahlia as well?" Siku tilted her head to the side, her ears half sticking up as she stared with pure curiosity. She hadn't met many members of the pack yet, to her dislike. Optimism won over disappointment and the 17 months old young woman was genuinely happy to meet the stranger. Fluffy white tail swung back and forth with friendly strokes, and Siku smiled warmly now at the 'ghost'.

<style>
.moonbird-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.moonbird {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.moonbird b {color:#5c3c77; font-weight:bold;}
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread