History repeating itself
[html]

Nayru only smiled and bowed her head as Conor spoke. He was too kind, wishing her well and allowing Farore leave to stay for as long as she liked. He had always been kind to her, but then again he had been kind to everyone. Any soul that had shown up at his doorstep in need of shelter or food had never been turned away, and Nayru felt very blessed that such a kind heart had been the first to discover her on the pack's borders. Had anyone else found her and taken her in she wouldn't be the same creature she was now, the man before her was responsible for shaping some aspects of her even if neither of them acknowledge or even realized this. Although she worked for Dahlia de Mai out of love for her home and its inhabitants, she hoped that Conor was pleased with her actions. He was one of the few individuals she feared letting down. Gideon and Saluce were the others. Although Saluce's strong hold as a tutor and mentor was waning and if her actions went against his will she wouldn't be too torn. Everything she did, she did with the best of intentions and as long as she didn't let Dahlia de Mai down she was pleased with herself. If Conor was also pleased, so much the better.

His next question struck her and lifting ruby eyes to the man she did not hesitate a moment in her reply. "I have always had a family." Didn’t he know this? "You, Bris and Gideon are my family." And Saul and Range and Melee and Eclipse and the list went on as those who loved the ones she loved kept cropping up. She couldn't help but love them as well. And then guilt struck her. Was this fair to Farore? Or Din and her parents for that matter? When they had been away she hadn't turned her thoughts to them, feeling that one day her sisters would reunite with her. Now it had happened and Nayru was not surprised by how little it excited or pleased her. It seemed normal, natural and she was neither overjoyed nor upset. It was only happening the way it should. "And Farore and Din are my family too. They always have been and always will be… but Dahlia de Mai is where my heart rests." And this was the truth that she had conveyed to Farore, who seemed not to accept it and Nayru could only hope Conor understood this.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread