Paw Prints
[html]

WC: 370

Slade was relieved that he hadn't been lied to, and was intrigued when he heard that Deidre. Her story sounded a lot like his; he had never known his father - or his mother, on that subject - and the she-wolf who had adopted him had been a Luperci. His tail began wagging in excitement; what else did they have in common? When she was finished talking he instantly spoke up, a bit loudly. "I got adopted, too!" He spoke with part words, part excited bark. "I never knew my parents, I just got raised by a Luperci named Lila!"

Then Slade fell silent, and his tail drooped. His last memory of Lila, that kind gray wolf who had taken him in when he was orphaned, was all too clear. He didn't want to bring it up, but he needed to give some sort of explanation for his sudden silence. Besides, Deidre had been open with him; there was no reason he couldn't be the same way.

"I never knew my parents," he began, with a far more solemn tone than he had used before. "My mother was a coyote like myself, but for some reason she gave me up when I was old enough to eat meat. So she gave me to a gray wolf named Lila. I thought she was a loner until I was a year old. She told me that she was a Luperci and a member of a pack, but her pack was prejudiced against non-wolves and non-Luperci, so she had chosen to raise me away from them. She ultimately gave up her life for me... she was confronted by the alpha... they argued.... All I remember is shouting and running away."

Then he shook his head. He wasn't all that fond of sob stories, but it sounded like he had told exactly that. Trying to sound more upbeat, he continued, "And eventually I found my way here. I was like you, a loner, for a long time, until I found out about Cercatori d'Arte... so here I am now." He couldn't help but start wagging his tail again, trying to lighten the mood. "I'm happy with my life now. I'd hope you are, too?"

<style type="text/css">
.sladesun-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.sladesun b {font-weight:bold; color:#b84129; letter-spacing:1px}
.sladesun p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sladesun {margin:0 auto; background-color:#020204; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/2ex2bva.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7796; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #7e3a39; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread