Paw Prints
[html]

OOC: Thanks for this new tab! /WC: 485

Deirdre took a moment of silence to pounder upon his question. Was she looking for a pack? She sighed, “I’m not sure at the moment…” She smiled, “I guess I am, but…” She paused again, “I’m not ready to join one yet…I’m.” She frowned softly, “I don’t want to get to close to another pack and then have them stolen from me…”

It had not been long since she lost her mate and the pack she called her family. She smiled even when the images of their deaths flashed in her mind. It had been so sudden, the floor beneath their paws gave way and then all fell into a cellar long forgotten beneath the structure of the building they had thought to explore. They thought it was safe, they had traveled so far into the building and the floor did not show signs of collapsing. It was a surprised when the yelps of her fellow pack mates came suddenly to her ears.

Her features softened, and her ears flattened against her head as she thought of that moment. She could remember the struggle she had in keeping herself from falling, she could remember how her hind paws dug into the wall to keep her hanging at the edge, and she could remember digging her claws into the wood attempting to pull herself up. She was not strong then, however, and fell but she did not perish beneath the ruble of the structure like those she loved did.

The she wolf sighed, and then brought her attention back to the reality of the moment. “I’m sorry,” She began realizing that she had fallen silent for quite some time. She smiled at Slade, “Truthfully I know I’m searching for a pack to call my own, and I think I’ve been making up excuses to keep myself from getting hurt again.” Her smile widened, but kept soft. “I’ve been chasing a hawk to keep me moving; whenever I see it I chase it.” She continued, “But I know I can’t always chase him.”

She blinked at Slade, “I couldn’t join Inferni even if I wanted to.” She laughed here, “I have no coyote in my blood, and I don’t know anyone from that pack.” She smiled, “I mentioned Inferni because there is a place between that pack and another that I wanted to explore if I ever went back up that way. Musquodoboit Valley I think it was called.”

She smiled, “but I don’t think I’d return up in that direction anytime soon.” She laughed, “And the only way I’d join a pack is if I knew someone from that said pack and we were close enough that I would trust them to follow and join the pack that they were from.”

She tilted her head to the right, her tail waving in a friendly motion. “I’m a very complicated wolf.” She said while laughing at herself.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#494974; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#7d6753; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2lddixd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread