Of Oaths and Curiousity
(OOC: All are welcome! Its set for today, mid morning and the area is in the midst of the ethereal eclipse. The mood is optimisstic and adventurous, hoping for someone to talk to- maybe form a friendship? Also mabu is in her Optime form)

Mabu was surprised, she actually got to sleep in that morning. She was usually awoken in someway...usually by bears or strange sounds close by. She had a good feeling about today and she was going to make the most of it! Today was a day to celebrate and what better way to celebrate a good day than to explore unknown neutral territories? Mabu walked on in the dark forest with a spring in her step. Looking around the darkened forest she sighed in bliss at the beauty of it.

I believe this was called the Ethereal eclipse...its a little dark but it's still pretty. Now to make my day perfect, I just hope nothing decides to chase me again...stupid bears... Mabu thought with a slight pout as she continued to take in her surroundings. It had been a long time since Mabu had been able to take time and enjoy her surroundings. She was usually to busy avoiding certain elements in her surroundings that she rarely got the chance to just enjoy.

Mabu sighed and sat down beneath a tree nearby. Taking out her dictionary, she lovingly ran her fingers over the worn cover and flipped the book until she was in the middle. Reading down the first column she came to a word and smiled when she read oath. Her eyes glazed in memory as she remembered asking her mentor what an oath was.

'An oath is solumn pledge or an honor bound promise more or less. Something that you make from the very depths of your soul, child. Don't make an oath of something you don't full heartedly follow or believe. Make sure that when you do make an oath, your willing to follow it. An oath is made for life.' Giggling as she remembered his sleepy and slightly grumpy answer. She had awoken him in the middle of the night to ask him that.

Mabu's smile slipped slowly into a sad frown as she remembered her mentor laying in his lupus form, dying. 'I promise Alejandre to never let what you have done for me go in vain. I promise to always helps others as you helped me. This I swear...this is my oath to you my friend...' Mabu shook her head clear of her saddened memories and put up her dictionary. Glancing around the clearing, she decided this would be a good place to take a small break. Smiling a slightly sad smile, she only wished she had someone to talk to.

Messages In This Thread