Of Oaths and Curiousity
(OOC: Lol we all have our moments of glory.)

Mabu had a thoughtful look on her face and then nodded. "Yeah I could so see me scaring the crap out of an unsuspecting coyote. I probably wouldn't do anything to horrible though. I'm terrible at scaring people past a certain point." Mabu scratched the back of her head sheepishly.

Looking off into the distance she thought over Arwen's last question carefully. Sighing she mentally she shrugged and smiled softly at her companion. "Remember when I mentioned my coyote mentor? Back when I was a young 6 month old pup, all the local packs had contracted some old canine disease- including my own pack. I watched as slowly one by one each of my pack die within a matter of three days. I was the last in my pack to still be living and even then it was a close call. I don't exactly remember the details, but the old coyote happened up me. He risked his own health to save me and save me he did. While he was nursing me back to health, he even burried the remains of my family. He was selfless in his desire to help me and when I was well enough to travel, he took me in as his own and raised me. He taught me to read, to write, to help others....and he even hunted for me and kept me safe from danger. All because of this one male, this one coyote...he helped me survive, gave me another chance at life. I didn't want him to ever regret saving me and so on his death bed I made an oath to never let him down and to always help others. This was something I believed whole heartedly and I knew I could live with it happily." Mabu sighed sadly at the memory of her mentor and took out her two books from her hip bag. "These are the only things I have of him...he gave me these before he died...they serve as a memory of my oath and so even to this day I try to help others, even at the cost of my health. I just hope he's proud of me." Mabu carefully put the two worn books away.

Messages In This Thread