A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

WotD +1 (Dapple) Word Count-400+

Ears flat, Jaden finished looking into the distance and looked back at Layla. Her movement did not comfort the man simply because they did not know each other well enough. It would have done much more for him if he had known she did care, even a little, and that the act was not one of plain kindness. But as it went over, he did not reply to the action in anyway, simply letting it seem to slip by him unnoticed. What the Alaskan didn't show is just how much the gesture heightened his trust for the female.

“Less-then-civil? I've met many coyotes and not a single one showed any amount of backbone or commonsense.” He said, glad the gravitas which had enveloped the conversation was dissolving. “The most recent I've met was actually from the pack Cercatori d'Arte.” Thinking back to the meeting, Jaden decided to leave out the exact details. He had been a little hard on the coyote. “He was extremely disrespectful and cowardly afterward. As for the others packs...” He paused and thought for a few seconds as they walked. “Cour des Miracles Alpha has a price on his head, Anthema is full of misfits and oddities, and I met a rather bipolar pair of wolves from Aniwaya. Phoenix Valley and Crimson dreams seam much less active in the area because I have not met anyone from their ranks.”
Layla’s recount of her pack’s demise was well said, as if she had told it many times or thought it through thoroughly. Though, that seemed like a given to Jaden. If she lost her entire family, it no doubt troubled her greatly. “I’m glad you made it out unharmed and you are stronger than I for moving on so quickly. Surely any loving family would rather not have you lament them you entire life and move on though. How long have you been on your own? Montana is quite a way away isn’t it?”

As they walked, Jaden peered through the trees ahead of them and watched as sunlight dappled the shadows with specks of light. Layla had lived in a city before now. The only wolves he had met from a city were either mutt dog breads or thieves. Remembering her hidden weapon again, Jaden smiled and inquired a bit more about her past, “And you lived in a city? From city life to this seems like quite a transition. I get lost in them anytime I go supply searching. Maybe you could show how to find my way around one sometime? They all seem rather similar to me.”

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread