[j] one does one's best
(I love Bangle! LOL)

Tal watched the approaching male with some wariness. He'd hoped the leader he'd met before would have been the one to approach them. But the approaching fellow seemed friendly enough, especially as he introduced himself and showed interest in his son. Tal gave a nervous smile. "I am Taliesin Dir Rhiannon, and this is my son, Liam Rhiannon. It's a pleasure to meet you, Bangle." Liam watched the thing that Bangle showed him, his tail wagging. He watched as Bangle handed it to his dad, grinning excitedly.

Tal took the proffered instrument with a smile. "Thank you. And yes, we were told that the pack here would be accepting new members. At least, Shawchert told us that." He paused for a moment, then spoke again. "It was some time ago when he told us that...I hope things haven't changed? If they have, we'll move on." He swallowed, clearly nervous. "I've never done this before, joining a pack I mean. I mean, we haven't always been loners, but..."

Liam looked up at his dad, amused. Then he spoke up, his tail wagging slowly. "Daddy and me came from Catalyst. It's back in Michigan. My mom and sisters died there. He never explained it to me, but he told me his mom was a leader a long time ago, and it was that that kept him from having to actively join a pack. He's been in lots of packs, but never had to join. I think it's kinda silly. But we really want to stay here. I can hunt, and dad helps me. And dad knows about herbs and things. And also, he writes things down. He's a good writer. I can read, but I can't write." He held up a paw with an apologetic smile. "No fingers you know."

Messages In This Thread