A Life Once Lost ~ Joining
[html]

Gonna get you titled now so you can post everywhere, but I'd love for this thread to continue if you want.

His rage subsiding, Jefferson began to think clearly once more; the standing fur around his shoulders and neck settled, his muscles relaxed, and the glow within his eye sunk away, concealing the monster within for another day. He had said before, he would say it again: None would mess with his members. Not even themselves.

"Why do you think you were Praeas once?" the beast said, tone at its natural, grainy level. "I trusted you at one of the most important ranks in the Valley. I wouldn't have put you there if I didn't think you could handle it. I trusted you, and for good reason."

A pause. "But you denied my trust and took off on us when we needed you. That enough would be grounds to exile you, ... but I'm not going to do that."

"Stand up," he said, turning away. He began walking, then stopped, lacerated and scarred back to him. "If you really regret leaving, if you want to make up for it, then you'd better leave that goddamn knife where it is and get behind me." His green eye turned darkly over his shoulder. "And if you so much as pull a hair out of your head to feel pain like that again, I'll show you a goddamn pain you'll forever instead."

And he began walking, though he knew the conversation was far from over.

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread