holding on to this defeated change in heart
(I love you too :'( )

"This is for you. Everything I do and have done is for you and Pripyat, always," Geneva's tired voice chimed through the tense silence. Beneath the weariness in her words was strength of will. There was an iron core in her voice that was usually absent. She had made her decision, and nothing would change her mind. She had set her course and would fall it through to the end. "Let me spare you, or decide not to let me. This is going to happen either way."

She drew upon her fragile strength to push herself away from the strong grip of Jefferson's arm. Her gray fur seemed so dull next to the sheen of his own. She drew strength in knowing that he was still healthy and still strong enough to live. They had faced so much since the winter. They had lost so much. And it seemed like this was the last thing they could lose together. But this was something that she could give to him. "I revoke my place and rights as a member of Phoenix Valley," she said, withdrawing from him and turning her face to the wall. She didn't think she could bear to look at him now. Walking out of this chapel, and out of their lives together, would hurt more than any pain brought on by this illness. But it needed to be done, and so she did it. For him for their son, for the end of things.

Messages In This Thread