c'est la vie
[html]

Kinda short myself. @.@

Their conversation had become much more pleasant without the addition of her failures. Reading, writing, such things were passions that the Latin woman could never get over. Back in Nakzhi, they had been frivolous; why didn't she like to weave or throw pottery like the rest of them? Why should she want to limit herself? What was wrong in her love of the written language? Anchjo hadn't cared. He was the one to fill her with stories.

What was truly surprising to the woman was that this four-legged male was in the same 'line of work', though his was far different from her own. He told stories, and she marveled in the treasure she'd found hidden in the pack. Pale pink eyes became more focused, curiosity spilling onto her features. It didn't matter if he couldn't write or read, because he had the gift of creative embellishment. Where she relied on Anchjo's stories from her past, this thing could make his own. Or so she assumed. Perhaps he simply relayed what he heard.

He squinted at her book before it disappeared into the bag once more and admitted to his illiteracy. Still, he wanted to change. He wanted to learn. A tilt of her head drew more inquiry onto her expression. "You wanna learn...but you can't flip pages? I can teach you, yeah I can, and I want to, I do. I guess I just don' understand how it'll work? I mean," she had to pause as she entered territory she deemed 'rude'. "...can you transform at all?" It wasn't meant to sound condescending. She simply wasn't familiar with those who didn't have a bipedal body.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns02 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*ns02-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. ns02-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns02-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.ns02-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns02-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.ns02-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns02 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns02 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 u {text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread