To live my life as it's meant to be
[html]

Sorry for the wait!

There was a lot of mystery about the collie-woman, and he surely what he knew of her was miniscule compared to what he did not know. None of that mattered much to him though, for Alaine was a nice and pleasant woman. He enjoyed her company when he was gifted with it, and that was all the Knight needed to know. "I am feeling quite well, that is certain. You look good too." Perhaps there was some tiredness around her green eyes, but that was to be expected in all new parents. Haven would not be surprised if the same malady could be detected in himself as well. Surely he saw it in Princess, for the pregnancy had taken a bit out of her, but she was happy nonetheless. Her ghosts finally seemed to be leaving her alone.

Haven likely would have come to Alaine about the birthing if another option hadn't presented itself to the mated couple. His sister's mate was the healer in his old pack, and Mati had offered the woman's services. Cambria and Princess knew each other and his mate had liked the idea of the Dreamer coming to help in the birth. It had all gone just as it should have though, and they likely could have gotten on just find without a midwife. It was really the piece of mind that they had needed. The ivory girl hid behind Alaine at Linden's bark, but the slender Apothecary delicately picked the pup up and placed her down near Linden. The boy was not used to shy pups, for neither of his sisters had that affliction. Still, Haven was surprised with how the boy's demeanor immediately adjusted itself as he did his best to stand still while the older pup sniffed at him.

It was a bit of a surprise to hear that the girl was adopted, but Haven's smile only grew larger at the news. "The ties of adoption can hold deeper and truer than blood. I'm closer to my adoptive mother than to either of my birth parents." Conri Church had never truly been a part of his life, aside from a demon that haunted his mind. In his youth he had been near to his birth mother, but after he reached adolescence that tie has begun to wither and was basically nothing now. "Perhaps we can arrange a playdate with them all sometime. I have two girls back at home as well." The Knight picked up on the subtle notes of wariness that Alaine was displaying, but there was no judgment that would come from him. He was well acquainted with non-traditional families, being a part of one himself. Unbeknownst to him, the same man who had given Alaine her children was the sire of his own adopted brothers.

<style type="text/css">
.havendaddi01-box {width:250px;height:380px;float:left;}
.havendaddi01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8c652e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ab9e8b; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.havendaddi01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.havendaddi01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#dac7ac; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... dad001.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8c652e; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.havendaddi01-border1 {width:502px; border:2px solid #dac7ac; margin:0 auto;}
.havendaddi01-line1 {width:240px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8c652e; margin: 0px 10px 3px 0px ; float:right;}
</style>
300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread