even angels learn how to fly
[html]

She watched from her place, turning her eyes between his large body and her project; an unpleasant, vaguely familiar scent was clouding her sense, but she tried to ignore it. The last time she had tried to express her distaste for her father's choices, the world had broken into many little pieces. She'd only just picked them back up. The cording wrapped around one finger tightly, cutting off the circulation of blood there as she sought for the words she'd wanted to say to him. She had, after all, wanted to talk to him and his voice had softened in turn as he waited. "Sometimes I wonder," she murmured, primarily to herself.

Looping the leather around another tooth, she let her eyes travel toward the top of the den; how life had changed since her hunts of invisible buffalo under his patient gaze. Now they had secrets that were best left undisturbed. She hoped that would fade. Even if he kept all the secrets in the world, she would rather not hide things from him. With uncomfortable hesitation, she cleared her throat, taking an inelegant seat on the ground; spindly legs crossed before her, and her hands fell to the hollow space made by her knees.

"Usually I wouldn't come to you; you don't need to worry about stupid things from...stupid people...but I feel like Ezekiel wouldn't want to listen anymore. Maybe it's for the best; I did ruin most of his childhood." She referred to his chase across the wilds in search of his missing twin, of course, though their childhood had ended before that time came. Somehow, she still felt the blame, even if he had never complained. "I don't forgive you for what you did. I don't think it's right, and I don't understand the workings of God, but I can't condemn you for it. I make my own mistakes. But you're supposed to be better than us; I've always thought you were better than us." Each new word came with a deeper coating of distress. She would always love her father, but he didn't make it easy.

A sigh ended her short explanation, and though it wasn't what she wanted to speak about, it did need to be addressed. They couldn't continue seeming blind hatred and inhabit the same world. Lifting one hand to cover an eye, the disturbed princess turned her eyes to the entrance of the Aquila's home. "I'm confused. I don't like it."

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread