staring at the wayside
[html]

is fine <3

She didn't know how far the news of Denali had spread in the pack. The only souls she knew that had heard it from her own mouth were Kansas, Gotham, and Amata. Whether or not the sad news had spread yet was unknown to her and really in the end it did not matter. Denali was gone whether four knew or a hundred. Nothing would or could change what had happened, just as nothing could divert her guilt and grief. For she knew the truth that she had not uttered to the others. It had not been a short, merciful end for her son. He had been tortured, terrified before the life was finally taken from his young, mutilated body. The weight of that knowledge suffocated her, but she was unwilling to place it upon anyone else. She did not want her other children to know. She especially did not want Artemis to know.

It was true, she could not have known this would happen. Such a thing was impossible. Still, the mother had had her worries of Denali's demise even before it had been confirmed. Though none of her nightmares had reached the true horror of the truth. "No, but I knew he was too young to be out there alone. He didn't know how to fend for himself, not out in the unforgiving winter." Even if Nuki hadn't killed him, the blizzard likely would have. Her brother was right, she had done what she thought was best. "But I was wrong." A mistake that had turned into a fatal one. If only she had been the one to pay the price and not her dear boy though. "And then I let his murderer into our home...and she nearly took another child from me." Her heart constricted when she thought of what could have happened to Parker, of what nearly had happened to her sweet girl. It made bile rise in the back of her throat.

<style type="text/css">
.savisad2freeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e888e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #151515; }
.savisad2freeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; text-align:center;}
.savisad2freeb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.savisad2freeb {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#3d3d3d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ad02ab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #7e888e; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.savisad2freeb-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #151515; margin:0 auto;}
.savisad2freeb-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #323638; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread