even angels learn how to fly
[html]

Crazy-lady tangents about love. -.- Gabe is totally right.

Though he might not have realized the impact of his words on his daughter's view of himself and the world, Gabriel always seemed to know the perfect thing to say in her times of crisis. As he gave response to her belief of his own perfection, she knew he was right. The Aquila may have been her view of God, but he was the same as she. He bled, he fought, he loved and like his daughter, he succumbed to temptations that had the power to destroy what he had built. Perhaps he was wicked. Perhaps she was as well. Whatever they were during normal hours of their life, for a moment they were merely a father and his daughter. Her eyes didn't leave the ground, even as she felt the reassuring pressure of his larger body against her own.

A fragile fingertip pressed against the root of the next tooth in line for the necklace. Like Ezekiel, Gabriel seemed so sure that a path was defined for her. How could she say she disagreed? "All he does is punish me, and all I do is try to make you proud of me." Somehow she had deviated from her goals. It seemed each new step toward her future left her in lower standing with him. The effect was devastating. Allowing the remaining teeth to turn over in her palm, she lifted a hand and grasped the fur at his shoulder. It brought back memories of a night not long before, sitting in the darkness of the forest. With all their differences, they always returned to the same situation.

"I don't understand everyone's desire to find another that they can be close to. All I've seen it bring is hurt. Mother left, and now you're not the same. Why should anyone be put through that? Why should I be made to suffer simply because I care for someone else? It's foolhardy. It's dangerous." A quick shake of her head jostled the auburn curls that rolled down her back, and the subtle weight of her body leaned into the Aquila's leaning frame. "Even family. I've put love into you and Ezekiel and now it hurts to see you leave me. I can't do anything about you. You'll go regardless of my complaints, but I can't lose him to someone else. I don't want to lose him to someone else, especially not some other woman." She was his sister, and she deserved Ezekiel's love over any other creature. Or so she believed.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread