It burns and it shrieks; My flesh I will peel back
300+

Makhesthai watched with interest as the Lykoi female closed her sunset colored eyes and looked away from him, one of the tears that had welled in his eyes overflowed and ran down his cheek, the child quickly wiped it away before the woman could see he was crying like the baby he claimed he was not. Her words struck something deep inside him and he realised that before him laid a choice for only him to make, he could remain a Lykoi and be forever scarred by people who didn't even know him and most likely never would or he could cast it and the only family and home he had ever known away from himself at the sake of pleasing a few strangers. The male snorted softly as dust invaded his nose and what he called his 'adult persona' came to the fore

"With all due respect ma'am, the world was closed to me at the moment of my birth, I will be forever labelled because of the scars I bear, if the world cannot handle that Kaena has taken me in for her own then they can go and do as they please, their opinions mean naught to me." Her second speakings were not responded to vocally but his tail wagged a little and his ear perked. He watched as the woman moved herself from the ground into standing and Makhesthai followed her, his legs still uncertain underneath him. The female would never know how happy being called 'little Lykoi' had made him for she looked away as his tail went wild whipping back and forth for a second before he stilled it into a soft wave.

"Yes I would like that. I've never been to the sea. Is it really big?" The child fell into step besides her, so focused on the answer to his question that he didn't notice his legs were working again.

Messages In This Thread