warped mirror image
[html]

When the words met her ears she bowed her head and sat silently for a moment as she tried to gain her composure again. A shudder spent itself down her spine as she turned back towards the female when she felt the gentle touch upon her shoulder. "Thank you Deuce.." she said softly as she raised her eyes to gaze at the soft white wolf before her. She knew that everyone had lost something in the fire, and she knew that Deuce herself had lost a child too. She tried to smile, but it barely lasted a moment before it disappeared.

She looked down suddenly as one of the boys nuzzled against her leg. She smiled down at him, better than the first as the puppy returned the smile. She missed her babies when they had been that age and she wished that she hadn't missed so much of their lives, but atleast she still had them. The two boys she'd lost one from each litter she'd keep close to her heart, but she couldn't dwell on the loss forever, though she knew she'd never get over the pain. "What.. are their names again? I think I'd better learn them.. since so much of my family seems to live here.." She looked up at Duece with a wash of gratefulness on her face. She knew that she really didn't deserve her kindness, but she needed it somehow. Deuce hadn't even known of their relationship when it had been thrown upon her that Iskata was Phoenix's mate. She was surprised the female could even speak to her, but she was thankful that she was willing to.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread